This recipe is nothing like the normal 'Greek' hummus that is so common out here. This (in my honest opinion) is WAY better. Enjoy!
- 2 large cans of chick peas (or three organic cans - they seem to be smaller)
- 1/2 cup pure lemon juice
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- dash of salt
- Olive oil to top
- Strain chick peas (reserving juice if you like).
- Place aside a small handful for garnish.
- Put the remaining in a blender (or mixer) add garlic cloves and lemon juice.
- Blend. Add tahini & salt. Blend until smooth adding small amounts of the juice from the chick peas (or water) to smooth mixture out.
- Serve on a plate, using a spoon to make an indent in the middle, dropping a few full chick peas on top and garnishing with a splash of olive oil! It's that easy!!!!